The has support for Wi-Fi calling, which means that you can make and receive calls over Wi-Fi, even if you have limited or no mobile network coverage. However, while the Priv supports the feature, your service provider will have to support it too. If you’re lucky enough to be with a carrier that supports Wi-Fi calling such as T-Mobile, this tutorial is for you. We’ll help to get you going.
- Open the Settings app. Either by swiping down from the top and tapping the gear icon or from the app drawer (opened by tapping the white circle with a 3×2 grid of dots on the bottom of the screen).
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Calling Menu section
- Tap More in the Wireless & networks section.
- Set the Wi-Fi Calling toggle switch to On.
- Go to Wi-Fi Calling Preferences -> Connection Preferences to set your Wi-Fi Calling Preference. You have a choice between:
- Wi-Fi preferred – make Wi-Fi calls, even when you have a cellular signal
- Wi-Fi only – only make calls via Wi-Fi calling
- Cellular network preferred – only use Wi-Fi calling when you have no cellular signal
Once you have done that, you’re set to go. Contact your service provider if you’re unsure whether or not they support Wi-Fi Calling.
For more how-to articles on using your Blackberry Priv, you can visit out Help Section.